MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Here is the tough one

I won't elaborate.
My wife, known hereabouts as Grandma Skip, died peacefully at about 2:30pm (PDT).
Her daughters were with her, having relieved me so I could go home and clean up after an all-nighter.
It is sad.
But it is also a relief to know she is no longer struggling with that ugly disease and that any discomfort is over.
I am only just now coming to the realization of just how much I will miss her.
I also know that I will be okay.
Thank you all who have sent along those best wishes, thoughts and prayers.
Please know we both felt them and they're greatly appreciated.

A few family members have already expressed their thoughts:

Her nephew-

PHG -
http://youtu.be/HxPnAOMpbqA
Click the image for the music


38 comments:

  1. Oh, God, Skip. My heart is broken. I wish I could do or say something... anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a lovely memory... http://b2bombers.blogspot.com/2014/08/in-memoriam.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Skip. I'm SO sorry for your loss. I can't think of anything worse in this life than losing your life's partner. You're right to take comfort in the fact GS is free of pain and worry now. My condolences to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be worse things, but at the moment this tops the list.
      I can't help but think GS is meeting my youngest daughter.

      Delete
  4. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Please know I am praying that in the hours and days when you need it most you receive the comfort necessary. May she rest in well-earned peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skip, I know Michelle and Jim and was just reading Jim's post in Facebook about Sharon. I am so very sorry for your loss and I am thinking of you and your family at this time. My heartfelt condolences.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you and yours strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know you - have simply been enjoying your blog recently. I am so sorry to hear about this; can't imagine what you must be going through. I do think we are lucky that some people come into our lives, privileged that they stay awhile and I'm sure they never really leave us. All the very best of everything to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thoughtful words... they are most appreciated.
      And I like your blog.

      Delete
  8. There are no words that can ease your sorrow, Skip.

    Just know that many of us out here do care. We mourn with you.

    This is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blown away by just how much so many people care.
      Thank you... or did I already tell you that?

      Delete
  9. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Like everyone else has said...we mourn with you.

    Big healing hugs. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss. Many prayers and hugs sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your loss, Skip; you will be in my prayers. I know you've had time to prepare yourself, which is probably God's mercy. But I also know that I would be seriously lost without my wife. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Craig.
      I probably won't get lost as long as I stay on the straight path.

      Delete
  12. I'm SO sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. God be with you and she with God. We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Skip, I'm just an occasional visitor to your blog, but I am praying for you and your circle of family and friends. I pray for strength, comfort, and sweet memories for all of you. She's at peace, no more pain or suffering. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should mention that GS never complained of pain until Monday.
      By then she was being well taken care of.
      Thank you for your thoughts.

      Delete
  15. Quite a few of us use the phrase, for those we are greatly going to miss; stepped into the clearing at the end of the path. It is an evocative expression for the hope of life after death. Half the women I know, finding themselves in the clearing would be wondering...I was promised a fabric store! ...or maybe, a Yarn shop. Please accept my condolences for your and your family's loss. As a rule, we all drag our feet when it comes to stepping into the unpatterned light of the clearing but we go ever so readily and there hasn't been, for several generations now, the long twilight. My very best regards to you and your family.
    Curtis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I definitely know I want to stay on the straight path.
      Thanks.

      Delete
    2. It was less than two weeks ago that I blogged about this writer that I like who went off to Greece for a couple of weeks with her boys. One of her books was featured on a book deal while she was gone. It was only when my sister came home that she informed us all that she had breast cancer and was going into the Cleveland clinic for 15 hours of radical surgery. She left hospital and came home on Tuesday.

      I'm not much of one for the straight path. Never was. I plan though, to stay out of the clearings for awhile. My youngest one and only, is just 11 and lives with her mom on the other side of the continent. I figure the clearing is going to have to come to me.

      Stay with God.

      Delete
    3. You should add links.
      It would create more traffic. . . at least to that post.

      Delete
  16. I don't know exactly what happened, but I commented, and it disappeared. Forgive me if this somehow shows up twice...

    I am so very sorry for your loss. Through the years that I've been skulking about your blog here, I feel that I've gotten to know your wife to a degree, and although I'm sure it's no where near the degree if those closest to her, I believe I will miss her as well.

    I wish you all the best, whatever small comfort that may be. I hope you're able to begin healing, and I know she's finally at peace. Definitely the worst part of life.. Be well, good Uncle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blooger does that. . . and other quirky things.
      But what do you want for nuthin', it's free.

      Yeah. . . I'm sorry there wasn't time to connect when we were back to Boston two years ago.
      Thanks for your thoughts.
      Yes, she is at peace, so I feel better.

      Delete
  17. Skip, so very sorry for your loss. Can't imagine what you're going through, but if the comments are any indication you are surrounded by people who care about you from all over. Know that thoughts and prayers for you and your family are coming your way from this side of the country as you get through this difficult time. As you said, you know you'll be alright. Take care of yourself.

    Buck's SN1

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like others have stated, my heart is heavy as I read that your wife passed away. I don't know you, but I read almost every comment you write over on Jim's blog, and I read that you and your dear wife warmed the bleachers while he was having a game in Boston. What wonderful thing for you both to do! I saw your wife's photo on Sully's blog, and she is beautiful. I didn't say "was beautiful" because in my mind's eye and in my heart I feel that she is and always will be beautiful. I pray God's blessings on you in the weeks, months, and years ahead. May friends that are close to you surround you with love.
    My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
    Jackie.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis