MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Sunday, September 17, 2017

On Friday

. . . while the rest of you were reading [sic] this blog   . . . I was off to Costco to purchase some necessities.
I might purchase them elsewhere, but they aren't available in the quantities we'd like anywhere else I can be dragged kicking and screaming stomach for longer than about five minutes.

Before I moved south to Northern California   . . . you know, when I lived in the North State   . . . I thought the customers at Costco in Redding were ill-mannered, impolite, discourteous, and uncivil rude.
Now I realize most of them were probably just visiting from down here.
They behave like that because they were disappointed that the Redding store is only half the sized of the Elk Grove store and it doesn't sell gasoline.

I discovered long ago that the best times to shop at Costco are the first thing in the morning, just as it opens [when the lizards are all still under their rocks], or in the last hour before it closes.
Another good time is when schools are letting out and all the moms are jockeying for the best spot in the pick-up/drop-off, but you don't want to miss-time it or you'll end up in a store full of curtain climbers.
You definitely want to miss the first couple of days after the new shopper bulletin goes into effect.

Sometimes I get stupid and actually browse the store.
That's when I act like the customers who really irritate me because I'm in their way.

What's funny (ironic, not ha-ha) is that now I live a lot closer to Costco and shop there less often.
What I really want to find is a good bagel shop nearby.
gotta fix the bio

2 comments:

  1. No matter how wide the aisles, they are never wide enough. The other day we went on a Saturday...what were we thinking.

    If you want a really good bagel you have to go to Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cramco is usually a bit too much for me. (So called because you can't cram it all into your car after you buy it.)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis