MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back to the subject at hand (er... neck?)

Okay, let's see... where were we?
When we left yesterday the horse pills had made the discomfort go away. But hen that was ten years ago. This year there's no pain... in fact in some instance there's no feeling and three people have agreed that it's not a good sign. [I will leave it to you to determine who the three are]
Anyhow, two of those three are now in favor of surgery. This would be more surgery in another part of my body. You can tell I'm entirely thrilled with this idea. Also I am pretty well reconciled to it. I just hate the idea of my summer vacation being screwed up. Oh! wait... I'm retired. I don't get a summer vacation. Life isn't fair and then the toilet backs up, or whatever.

So now it is up to me to determine just how soon I will have this procedure. I can do it now (meaning the first part of May) before the Doc (surgeon) goes on vacation for a month. Of course that will screw up a million other things that are already scheduled. Or, I have this small window of opportunity at the end of June (Monday, June 30 to be exact) when it can be done so as not to interfere with anyone else's plans.

Why? You ask. Is it so important to do this in June? Insurance is the simple answer. The carrier for my health policy changes as of July 1 because of... oh heck let's not even go there or we'll never finish this tale. So since my appointment book is filled through June 28 and the surgeon has been away and only cuts on Mondays, it leaves the last day possible as June 30 or we'd probably have to start all over, meaning that it will take up most, if not all, of the month of July to get this done... if we can even get the same doctors? Then, if it isn't completed in July, guess what? Look and see when my birthday is. That's right, folks, I turn 65 in August and Medicare becomes an issue. So June 30 looks real good.
[it's probably a good thing nobody mentioned quitting smoking around all of this]

Oh, did I mention that had purposely not specifically committed to the Doc (surgeon)? Well, I'd finally said okay. He wasn't too happy that I wanted to wait until the end of June, but understood that Sharon and I had other commitments that we had to fulfill. It was also understood that the actual date couldn't be confirmed until the end of June. So things were just a little iffy from the first week in May until the last week in June.
I have learned a great lesson in relativity here:
  • when something has yet to happen and you're anticipating it, it takes forever.
  • once it's done, you wonder where the time went.
so this looks like a good stopping point and with any luck we'll finish soon.

3 comments:

  1. So, while you're learning lessons in relativity, mine have been in patience . . . not to mention patients! Maybe it all comes with "maturity" - but we're still learning, so I guess we're not "overly mature"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maturity isn't all it's cracked up to be.

    Wait... how would I know?

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis