MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just when you think...

...it's safe to go out again, the winds (such as they are) change and skies become gray. Oh, but I'm sure that it's much better somewhere else. Just as I am certain that some other aren't having any celebratory picnics.

Things are finally beginning to return to what qualifies as normal here. The flood damage has been repaired and the heavy lifting is done. My year as Lions District Governor has been completed, so the dining room table should be cleared by the end of September or mid-October. [grins] In another week or so, the horse collar (one of the more benign names for this thing around my neck) comes off and some of the physical restrictions should be lifted. I'm kind of hoping "Take it easy" isn't one of them.

For the first time in what seems like a month... Oh, wait! It has been a month... the local rag had a headline above the fold that had nothing to do with fires. They report that home sales were down in June. Then I noticed a spelling error in the headline of another column and didn't even bother to read the main article.

Over on the lower left are some links. Most are other blogs, one is just a link to an Albert Einstein web site that kind of struck me funny, another is "Uncle Eddie's Theory Corner." No he's not related and it's just there on a whim. The others are folks I actually know. Check out the prose of the Brighton Pensioner. He is not exactly keeping it a secret, but according to him, nobody else knows about it... YET!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis