MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Better...

Well, I still don't much feel like sitting at the keyboard. I can only handle so much ESPN, History Channel, Discovery and the crap on the networks, well.... It's a good think I like to read. No, I love to read. I'll read almost anything, sometimes more than once. Of course if something I've read doesn't meet certain standards, I'll just tell you not to waste your time.
So far the only pain that bothers me is from the tube that was inserted by the anesthesiologist. That only happens when I swallow or cough. I honestly feel really fortunate that nothing else is bothering me.
I am going to try, at some point in the future, to explain what all led up to the surgery... just not today.

5 comments:

  1. so glad youre back. i thought about calling your cell phone and leaving a message, but you wouldnt get it until somewhere around thanksgiving, so i thought id just comment instead. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you're doing well. feel free to share the good things you've read, as i am extremely tired of tv as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "good" things I've read? Maybe when I have a chance I'll just do an inventory and make a list, but the first one off the top of my head is A Team of Rivals that set me off on a whole Abraham Lincoln/Civil War kick.
    Rich now I'm reading an Albert Einstein bio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. which einstein bio? i read one once, and it wasnt very good, which is quite a feat considering what an awosome person they were writing about. have you read 'the making of the atomic bomb' by rhodes? its a good one, if you ever get set off onto a wwii kick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walter Isaacson, he wrote a Benjamin Franklin bio that I liked.
    We could have a long discussion about what is good reading.
    Truth is that it depends mostly upon what it is that you're looking for in what yo read.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis