NO! not of the blog... but of that "other" thing I started...er, quit.
Anyway, has anyone ever actually taken the time to figure out just how many triggers there are for lighting up? Trust me, the nicotine addiction is pretty bad and then throw in all of the little indicators that it's time for a smoke and the process is almost overwhelming.
Before anyone thinks I'm about to start again, don't worry. I haven't even had a desire since day one... er, four... oh whatever!!!
So I guess I should begin to explain where and when this whole thing started. I mean if it hadn't been for the surgery, I'd probably never have started this journal.
Now this is a long, convoluted story so it might take a number of sessions and you're going to have to pay close attention because I don't.
Sometime last winter, like maybe in December, I noticed that I didn't have any feeling in my left thumb. Being that I am a typical guy, I figured that I must have whacked it and eventually it would return to normal [whatever normal is]. I was concerned, but not enough to tell anyone.
Then, along about the end of January, the feeling in the last two finger of the left hand went away, worse, I was losing strength in the hand. Do you know how hard it is to button the top button on a dress shirt when you don't feel the button?
I screwed around through the month of February... partly because I was busy, partly because I got the flu [or the crud?] and partly because Sharon got the flu or whatever it was.
Finally, about the middle of February, I visited the doctor at the local Walk-In Clinic. He prescribed some stuff, and anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxant, and arranged for a referral to a neurologist. Of course, the first neurologist wasn't on the insurance company's PPO list so it took some time to get an appointment for a "consultation" and on March 3 I finally was advised by a specialist that I might have some nerve damage.
We'll pick up on this later when I have more time...or, as they used to say at the Saturday matinée, "Continued next week."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis