MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

List

.
My favorite story about a list has absolutely nothing to do with a series. Unfortunately, I can't repeat it here because I don't quite remember how it starts and ends. So you will have to be satisfied with the more common form of list.

Some time ago another blogger posted a One Hundred Things About Me list. I don't remember who it was. I only remember I started one. It has yet to be finished. It may never be finished. What there is of it won't even all be posted at once.

Here's a starter:
I kind of have a template because this has been done before. The main difference between this and the original is that the guy who wrote the other one likes to elaborate, while I have a tendency to be terse because I am not really that comfortable telling about myself, particularly things that make me look good. So if you're looking to find out if I am a nice person, you won't hear it from me... or probably my ex.

1 - The nicest people I have known are my paternal grandmother, who lived to the ripe age of 94 and got on well right up to very end, and my wife. Grandma O'Brien's only concern was that the efficiency apartment building where she lived would find out her age and boot her out for being “too old.”
Now my wife is Grandma O'Brien. I don't think anyone calls her that... yet.

2 - I used to smoke. Camel non-filters were my brand of choice almost from the time I started at the age of 8 years until I quit in June of 2008. At first we kids would steal whatever kind we found that our parents had stashed, Chesterfield, Kent, Viceroy, Parliament, even some cigars, there were about a half dozen of us. We had a really neat tree house that was almost inaccessible to adults. I'm sure some of the kids were caught, but the kid up the street, my brother and I weren't and eventually we were the only ones to use the tree house. We discovered, too, that the local grocery where our parents didn't shop never questioned us about cigarette purchases if we bought them by the carton.


I think I'll stop here for today and come back with more later.
maybe even tomorrow
.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. Your "100 Things" list appears to be similar to mine, at least for starters. I can't just list 100 things. I had to tell stories about at least half of them.

    Good for you. I love stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Suldog. I look forward to reading more stories.

    ...and I might steal this concept because I've been stumped about what to write about. Unlike you, I have no problem telling all the wonderful things about myself.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis