MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why am I even posting this?

.
Another blogger, who I only recently started reading regularly, is a huge Detroit Red Wings fan. About the only reason that interests me at all is my brothers-in-law, and at least one nephew, are also Wings fans. My only other interest in the Wings may be that I've been to "The Joe" and seen the banners. It was for a convention, not a hockey game. Though it was in July, so they may have still been playing?
I do follow the NHL, just not like Football (NFL) or Baseball (MLB). Even at that I'm extremely parochial. I can't much tell you what's happening outside of whatever division the 49ers or Giants are playing. I could almost care less about the Raiders and A's. As for hockey, I followed closely when I lived in the Bay Area. I those days we had the Seals of the Western Hockey League. I think there were only six teams in the NHL and they were all east of the Mississippi.
Now, to see a hockey game, it's a four hour drive (minimum) one way, or subscribe to one more satellite channel. The only time we see the so-called local favorite up here in the NorthState is if one of the major [sic] networks carries the game.
What this is leading up to is, as I was surfing through one of the Internet portals this morning, I noticed the Sharks have eliminated the Kings and have advanced to the next round. Even if I didn't pay any attention at all, I could get excited about that because it's always good to see a NorCal team be an LA team.
really sorry the Rams
moved to St Louis

.

8 comments:

  1. ...is a huge Detroit Red Wings fan.

    Heh. THAT'S my understatement of the day! And thanks for the link, Skip.

    FWIW, NBC is broadcasting a lot of the weekend playoff games on Saturdays and Sundays, so doubtless the Sharks will be on... at least during the second round. They won't be goin' much further than that, tho... seein' as how the Sharks are more than likely gonna draw the Wings in the second round. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Red Wings were shoes...never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Redwings are birds around here: winter visitors only, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolina - I think you're supposed to contribute something about red wings.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis