MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Not this week...

.
Last weekend was so well occupied that I hardly missed blogging. When I say blogging, I mean the surfing over, around, and through other blogs, not the items I post here.
We were down in Corning, where they grow and can olives, and a band of Native Americans has set up a roadside amusement stand designed to separate travelers from their money. It's called Rolling Hills Casino. There is also a really nice links type golf course, designed to steal golf balls, a rod & gun club for the outdoor types, and two hotels.
We were there for the Annual Convention of the local Lions Clubs District. I went under duress. I was told I had no choice because I was the chairperson. Yes, that's what they called it: chairperson. Why use two syllables when it can be inflated to three? I always thought chairman was gender neutral.
Anyhow, the convention started on time; pretty much stayed on schedule; didn't lose any money; accomplished its purpose; and finished on time. In my book that's a success. The bonus is many of the 257 folks who registered enjoyed themselves.
they told me so
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis