.
(not quite) 100 things - cont'dI started here, continued here. I may never finish it.
9 – My favorite pastime is reading. I read almost anything... sometimes even junk mail.
10 – Nobody in my family wants to play Trivial Pursuit with me unless I am on their team.
11 – Speaking of teams, football is my favorite team sport to watch but, hands down, softball is was my favorite team sport to play. Was because when I reached the point where doubles became long outs and triples were singles, I knew the legs just weren't going to be made up for by desire. I'm sure it didn't help that the position I played most, from baseball as a kid to when I finally hung it up, was catcher because that's where the action was.
12 – For the first six years of my life Golden Gate Park was my backyard. My mom and I lived only one block away from the entrance to where the children's playground is and close to the Museum of Natural History, Steinhart Aquarium, M.H. deYoung Museum and other delights.
13 – Once I get to know somebody, I will do my best to yank their chain. If nothing else, I will attempt to get a photograph that is at least a little embarrassing... along the lines of socks with sandals or an unplanned nap. My brother is one of my favorite targets, but anyone who takes themselves seriously is a challenge.
14 – I like travel, but not nearly as much as when nobody had to worry so much about security. I find it revolting that I have to pay to be mistrusted and abused.
15 – I remember when the cable cars in San Francisco were more than just a tourist attraction. My paternal grandfather worked in City Hall and rode the cable car to and from work every work day. When my grandmother went downtown, she took the cable car. Now they don't even run past where my grandparents used to live next to the corner of Laguna and Wahington Streets, across from Lafayette Park.
don't really like talking
directly about myself
directly about myself
.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis