MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Friday, April 29, 2011

Thanks!

.
I know there are a number of folks who believe the Royal Wedding is much ado about nothing. I was put off some by the run-up to it by the media... but then the Super Bowl hype and all of the March Madness excitement seem just a little over the top to me, as well. If it holds some interest for me, I will watch. No amount of promotion is going to change my mind.
That said, I wish to thank the Prince and Mrs. Wales for sharing their day with the rest of the world, and the folks who know how to do pomp and ceremony for making it seem flawless. Yeah, I watched about two minutes of highlights about an hour or so ago.
It's an event like this that gives many folks something to be optimistic about; to cheer about; to celebrate. Sure, it may seem a little pricey, but I think maybe it's a fair investment. There are some hat makers who may agree.


On another note of optimism, I read where "...there are officially 26 million less blind people in the world today than there were 6 years ago..." That means they regained their sight because of the efforts of organizations like Lions Clubs to eliminate preventable blindness.

Then I read this.


So far it's another good day

there's a full weekend planned

3 comments:

  1. re: The Wedding. I stayed up all night and watched the thing in real time. Those hats on the wimmen-folk were REALLY sumthin'!

    Thanks for that "Kiss" link, as well. We need Good News stories... a lot of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do look for the positive stuff. It's there if we dig enough. Then sometimes it smacks us right in the face. Even that wedding. I didn't have to stay up. Someone else did it for me.
    I carry some of those little blue badges like the one near the bottom in the sidebar. I pass them along to anyone who wants one... or needs it.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis