.
I'm not sure where my friend, the Brighton Pensioner, gets his blog writing assignments. Today, he posted about favorite books. To make matters even more complicated he remembers plots and characters. Then he can write a synopsis and a review. What really bothers me, though, is I know he reads about as much as me... and I But wait. There's more. [hey, it works on tv during those two minute commercials for stuff you can only order for the next fifteen minutes unless you have an As Seen On TV Store]
Just which are my maybe
- The Wind in the Willows (Kenneth Grahame) - It's probably the first book I ever read that took me more than one day to read and I'm pretty sure there weren't any pictures in the copy I read.
- The Year of Decision, 1846 (Bernard Devoto) - Yes, it's nonfiction, but it's history you can sink your teeth into.
- The Big Sky (A.B. Guthrie, Jr.) - My introduction to historical fiction
two more [yes, that's five, but for the life of me I can't find any reference to either on the interwebby thing and if I still have copies, they're buried] - more historical fiction covering the time period when Americans thought the West ended at the Mississippi River.Watership Down (Richard Adams) - I almost forgot about this one. It and The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien) are pretty high on my list [so I guess it is five]
hate giving book
reports... always have
.
reports... always have
.
We have PRECISELY the same take on book reports, Skip, although I have taken to posting excerpts from things I read since buying the Kindle. None lately, tho. My favorite book is usually the last thing I've read.
ReplyDelete"...writing assignments."
ReplyDeleteHuh? Somebody assigns this drack?