MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fun stuff

.So I noticed a dramatic increase in the number of page views... like double... each day. Then I realized why. Bill Yates, of Growing Up In Waldron has added WHTPFIHC to his blog list. Thank you Bill.


A yes to Matt Conlon. That post is a Goodwin. I was amused... probably because I intentionally try to mis-hear words. Television and radio announcers make it fairly easy by talking much too fast... and then there are the folks at drive-up windows who sound like they have a sock in their mouth, or retail businesses who fail to train their employees in the proper manner to answer a telephone.

One of the local radio outlets was promoting an alternative music show that was just beginning to air. The announcer mentioned John Ribbending. I looked for some background. So It turns out I was just a little off base. It's genre bending. Had I been paying close attention to begin with, It wouldn't have nearly been as much fun.
Some others:
barbecued pork lips
reptile dysfunction
woolex sports

[ribs]
[you figure that one]
[wool exports]

.

1 comment:

  1. reptile dysfunction

    Heh. I have fantasies about big-ass velociraptors attacking the corporate headquarters of Big Pharma companies who flog their insipid eee-dee ads all over my teevee, at all hours. ESPECIALLY the incredibly stoopid "twin tubs" thing and the Blue Pill's "you're so SMART now!" campaign. Bein' ripped to shreds by a large T-rex would only be fitting.

    Sorry about the mini-rant, Skip, but it was YOU who pushed my buttons! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis