.
A few days away... well, all of Saturday and parts of Friday and Sunday... [the three dots represent sitting in the car for several hours] to see friends we haven't laughed with in awhile makes a huge difference. There was no effect on the weather.The last I heard we are finally going to get a break tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath.
The Giants managed to get back into first place. I heard most of the game on the car radio yesterday. The promotional ads for the games have got it about right. They're calling them, "The Torcher."
Maybe I should be happy the local stations don't carry the games and they're only on TV about once every two weeks?
This is kind of what the scenery looked like on the way home yesterday afternoon.
I had thought I was prepared on Saturday. I remembered to take an umbrella. I told Grandma Skip to wait while I went for the car so we didn't have to try to share the umbrella. It kept reasonably dry even though there was a heavy shower. I kept it open as I got into the car. Then I closed it and managed to get splashed by half the water on the outside of the umbrella.
some plan that was
Good on yer Giants. Mebbe they'll get back to the Series this year.
ReplyDeleteWell. pitching is working for them... so far. Injuries have been their bane so far. Posey won't be back this year, and he was a big part of what little offense they offered, not to mention that he's a heck of a catcher.
ReplyDelete