What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.
What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow ...maybe
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
A ten or 40 acre... depending on who you want to believe... blaze broke out near here yesterday afternoon. We could hear, but not see, the helicopter making water drops on the hot spots.
The S-2T never did drop his load while I was watching.
Take note of the arrival of the clouds, a precursor to a storm with actual "Winter Storm Warnings" for the mountains. It's supposed to be back to triple digits by Friday.
Buck - winds were gusting to 25mph from the south. There's a Freeway, shopping center and another four lane divided highway the fire would have had to cross... and there were about 50 firefighters with air support.
I gather the fire was far enough away from you for it to be of interest rather than a worry.
ReplyDeleteProbably, if I hadn't heard about it on the news, I wouldn't have even known about it. It may have bee a mile away to the east of us.
ReplyDeleteNo, we don't need rain, thank you. We've had thunder storms this afternoon so my plans to mow the grass came to naught.
ReplyDeleteFire only a mile away would terrify me, given our winds. Those things move FAST down here.
ReplyDeleteBP - I don't want to hear no mow!
ReplyDeleteBuck - winds were gusting to 25mph from the south. There's a Freeway, shopping center and another four lane divided highway the fire would have had to cross... and there were about 50 firefighters with air support.