MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Wednesday, June 8, 2011


Yes, folks at 4:00 PM yesterday the official temperature as measured at the NWS facility was a full 21 degrees above Monday's reading. The photo underneath implies clear skies at that moment, as well.
[if those images aren't large enough, just click on them]

That means it's time to barbecue.



Do not be fooled by the photographs.



This rack was only just uncovered after slow cooking for a couple of hours



Then we sat down and feasted on the first barbecue of the season




Followed by a sunset

...and it's about time
.

4 comments:

  1. It is raining once again in the desert of Eastern Oregon. I've learned to barbeque in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana - Yes, well we can do without that Oregon Mist (missed Oregon, hit us). Usually we can count on barbecue weather arriving early in May. This year it was a false start.

    Buck - Uh huh, and again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that looks perfect. I just bought a new grille, but I'm considering getting a charcoal burning one too... nothing compares, I say.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis