MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday update

It will be Tuesday before we know it.
By now you may have gathered I was unable to post over the weekend.
I did that second weekend in August thing again, for the third time.

No, not celebrating my birthday.
Though Sunday I did start another year.
I was in the far northern reaches of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, almost to Mt Lassen.

This year I drove up I-5 to Red Bluff, then east on Hwy 36.
It was smoky most of the way, but not nearly as thick as a week earlier.
By the time I reached Mineral the air had cleared.
It was stunning.

The event was a men's spiritual retreat.
This year there is a group picture.


There were a few missing from the photo.
They all had legitimate excuses.

You can't tell from the picture but it got smoky on Saturday.
By Sunday most of the smoke had cleared again.

The word around the camp was the Perseids were awesome again this year.
The best night for them was supposed to be Sunday.
They don't show until well after bedtime.

It was good to get home.

2 comments:

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis