.
It started here, continued here, here, here, here and here. You might expect that, with six links, we'd be halfway through.
You'd be mistaken. However, there is some hope that, by the time you read all of the following, the midway point will have been reached... or even surpassed if I don't get to 100. Now where was I?
Oh yeah, we'd been camping [sic].
(not quite) 100 things - cont'd
41 – I broke my leg. Did you know that a two person toboggan can be overloaded? That if it hits a mogul and goes airborne and comes down nose first, the party in the very front takes a heck of a beating from the three persons behind... even if they are attempting to bail. The break wasn't so bad. The torn ligaments that needed surgery and were what took so long to heal. I wore a hard cast from my hip to my toes for about 12 weeks.
42 – It was 46 years ago
43 – It was 29 years ago I joined the Lions Club in Anderson. It seems like only a short time ago.
44 – My first memories of airplanes have to do with watching hundreds of planes flying in formations flying west to east over Golden Gate Park as they returned from deployment in the Pacific at the end of WWII.

45 – No, I don't remember FDR.
46 – I am fascinated by trains, particularly steam trains, and specifically big powerful engines.

You just might have surmised this when you saw the posts from the trip to the railroad museum I took with my grandson?
47 – Fire trucks rank pretty high on the list, too, particularly ladder trucks. For about a year, my mom and I lived right behind this fire house
48 – The firemen let us climb on the trucks like this one
49 – I like quotations, too, even from folks I've never heard of before, like Elbert Hubbard ~“Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.”
50 – Many of the people I waited upon during my working career dealing with the public did not suffer from genius.
They don't know who they are... not all of them, anyway
until next time...
46 – I am fascinated by trains, particularly steam trains, and specifically big powerful engines.
ReplyDeleteI share your fascination, Skip, and am "of an age" where I remember them well. I was amazed, mystified, and... most of all... impressed by the fact the Japanese still had steam engines in regular service when I did my first tour there in 1968. I took a steam passenger train from Sapporo to Wakkanai in the summer of '68, enroute to the best assignment I ever had in the Air Force. The journey was every bit as good as the destination.
Engines like the one in the photo were quite common in the Sacramento Valley. I saw a lot of them when we used to travel north on vacation.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was even younger we would go to Third & Townsend in S.F. on Friday night after dinner and watch the passenger trains head south to the Peninsula. The highlight would be when the Lark (or was it the Starlight) would head for L.A.
I knew you loved quotations because you've had some dandy ones on your blog.
ReplyDelete