.
I believe it's been mentioned I had lawn mower problems? What hasn't been mentioned is that the grass hadn't been cut since last fall. Thus, it was somewhere around knee high. That means, of course, no
normal standard lawn mower would even begin to be able to handle the job... a combine harvester would be ideal, but impractical. So while the mower was at the repair shop for about three weeks, I broke out the string trimmer, cut down a goodly about of tall grass, raked it, and overfilled the the green waste recycling bin. Then when the 'trusty' mower was
returned retrieved ...do you know how hard it is to get a lawn mower into the trunk of a car ...the second stage of the job was underway. The small patch of lawn at the side of the house was easy, and only about 100 square feet. The part of the lawn directly behind the garage that's shaded by the oleanders was apiece of cake, too. But then the grass isn't quite as lush at the back of the patio and into the depths of the yard where it gets lots of sunlight. Then, I ran into that spark plug connector issue and three more days of rain.
So the string trimmer is out again... so I can cut the grass short enough for the lawn mower to handle.

On the plus side, I'm more or less outdoors, except when I'm taking a break, and get to see things like the B-17 I posted a picture of over
here. Yes, that's the actual plane. No, I didn't take that photograph.

I might have finished the lawn by now. But, while I was on a break, I was invited to escort Grandma Skip on a shopping trip to Costco... someone has to do the heavy lifting.
Maybe I'll be finished today?
there's always tomorrow
You have B-17s buzzing yer house? LUCKY YOU!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the grass. I feel yore pain, Skip... I really, rilly do. Not so much these days, but there was a time...
I haven't mowed in a lawn since My Dad died. I used to mow his for him (and it was a huge job, let me tell you - almost an acre, with an electric push mower.) That was almost 17 years ago. With any luck, I'll never have to mow another one.
ReplyDeleteBuck - it flew over twice more this morning. When I first moved to this neck of the woods, we saw B-17s regularly because a lot of them had been converted for use against wildfires. Now we see them when there's an airshow or the EAA or Confederate Air Force makes a stopover.
ReplyDeleteJim - the lawn thing is my own fault. If we hadn't spent so much time traveling last summer and fall I probably could have killed it then. My mower is not self-propelled.
Why are ya all vexed about lawn mowing?
ReplyDeleteAfter the Camping trip on Saturday it won't matter.
v-word = drack
Well, if it does happen tomorrow I'll know nothing about it. I shall be in France to top up the wine cellar and just read for a week. And I've mowed the grass before I go.
ReplyDelete