.
...or is that finally?Thursday afternoon Grandma Skip got a phone call from the contractor handling the ceiling repairs. The panels (tiles, squares, whatever!) had arrived from the tin ceiling manufacturer in Florida. Let me say here that, had we opted to just restore the ceiling to it's original state, it would have been finished weeks ago. The contractor could send a worker out in the morning (Friday) to complete the job.
And a fine job he did... in just under four hours
before

after
And it looks so much better with this light fixture than with the other 4 foot long fluorescent fixture.
*a tribute to "W"
Then I heard something
about the rest of the kitchen
.
about the rest of the kitchen
.
"Then I heard something about the rest of the kitchen"
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't sound like good news!
Nice. I love those ol' tin ceilings.
ReplyDeleteBrian - the good news is it has been pretty much determined the kitchen ceiling is too low for it to work there... phew!
ReplyDeleteBuck - I was amazed at the simplicity of installation, particularly when someone else is doing it and they have all of the tools.
But, stainless steel appliances would certainly look nice. Our current appliances are about ready to be replaced!
ReplyDelete@Grandma Skip: Best of luck with that!
ReplyDeleteHey!
ReplyDeleteI'll turn off comments if you're gonna insist on trying to hijack this blog.
Are you talkin' to me? lol
ReplyDeleteUh, oh!
ReplyDelete