MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Odds and ends

.
The NWS says it's going to be Sunny today. That's their way of saying it won't be above 100 degrees.


I'm about a third of the way into Atlas Shrugged. It's heavy... in many ways.


We have a busy weekend ahead. But we're not leaving town.


Today marks the anniversary of the day I joined the Navy. You'd think that as often as I mention things I did while in the Navy, I made a career of it. Isn't it amazing how much can be crammed into a short time span?


I'm off to the farmers market.
BLTs for supper
.

6 comments:

  1. Your lowest temperatures are higher than our highest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about a third of the way into Atlas Shrugged. It's heavy... in many ways.

    My condolences. ;-)

    BTW: I always celebrate the anniversary of my induction, too. Life was NEVER the same after that day, on so many levels that it's useless to even try to count 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian - Grandma Skip says she'd freeze over there. I didn't bother to mention you're about 1000 miles further north than we are.



    Buck - Four lbs. and lots of dialog:-p

    I don't necessarily celebrate, but I definitely always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite being a Libertarian -It's almost a prerequisite for joining the party - I have never been a fan of Ayn Rand. Her ideas? Yes. Her writing? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim -
    She does have a tendency to slog along at times.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis