MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Best Thanksgiving ever

So, there I was* [or here I am, as the case may be] wondering how Thanksgiving could be better than spending the day with family.

This year was a little change-up.
Tuesday, immediately after the Lions Club meeting, just as the rain began to fall lightly, I drove south to Northern California (aka Sacramento).
The rain became intense in places.
I might have reconsidered my departure if I had known.
However, the storm had yet to reach Northern California.

I stayed with a friend in Elk Grove.
Wednesday morning we ran around gathering up last minute items for Thursdays feast.
About three o'clock in the afternoon we joined up with about 20 others to organize and set up the venue.
Tables were set with tablecloths, centerpieces, and cutlery [I almost wrote silverware, but it was plastic . . .   really nice plastic].
Serving tables for drinks, salads, the main course, and dessert were set up.
The kitchen crew got all of their stations set up.
Then we all had pizza and went home.
It was to be an early start on Thanksgiving morning.
We'd be assisting about 100 others serve 800 to 1200 community members.
The doors would open at 11:00am.
more tomorrow
*SJC

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. You also got to connect with friends. That's even better.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best way to spend Thanksgiving, i think. It was probably a wonderful time for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis