MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Maybe you noticed

I didn't post about Veterans Day yesterday.
Fridays are reserved for cats.
Seriously, I appreciate our veterans*.
I even believe we should celebrate our vets.
I just don't think it is totally proper that the anniversary of the ending of World War One, known as Remembrance Day to many, and previously known as Armistice Day in this country, should have been preempted to become a broad spectrum acknowledgement.
Veterans deserve their own day.
It needn't be a holiday, though it would be nice.
The end of The Great War, The War to End All Wars, should have no other things piggy backed on it.
Veterans should have their own day, not shared with any other event.
That's so we can celebrate and show appreciation for those who have served us and still survive.
August needs a holiday.

*I am one so I have a vested interest

2 comments:

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis