MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Thursday, December 7, 2017

House . . . no, HOME


It didn't look like that when I found it, with the assistance of a highly motivated realtor.
I told her what I could afford in monthly payments; what I had in available cash for a down payment; and that I had to be able to assume an existing loan.
She found two places, both with the same floor plan, in the same neighborhood.

This is the other one:


We couldn't get into it the day we went looking.
It turns out that was advantageous.
The lot at my home was wide enough at the front to eventually add a new, larger garage and convert the original garage to a family room.

That remodel was 24 years ago.
It means I lived in the remodeled place longer than anywhere else.
So you might understand why there were "mixed feelings" a week ago, Monday, when I signed the paperwork.
Nostalgia is a funny thing.
I let go of a lot when my signature went on the bottom line.
It really didn't need any of it.

I have all that I need and very little of it is stuff.
In fact I have more Stuff* than I want.

This is my home today.


Everything I want is here.
there's even a
 darn palm tree
 next door


3 comments:

  1. You gave up so much, even if it is just “stuff”. I am so blessed to share this home with you and make it ours. This is one of the reasons you MIGHT win our argument. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis