Truth be told, I am overpaid.
I am fairly certain I don't lack any of life's necessities.
Every day is Thanksgiving.
So there I was*thinking about a new post.
That was almost a week ago.
Unfortunately, I was nowhere near a device that could translate those thoughts into a post . . . at least one that didn't challenge me more than I wish to be challenged.
So . . . I think it was in the midst of dishing out mashed potatoes.
We were in South Sac at a community center, serving up dinner for folks who might otherwise forego the Thanksgiving feast.
There was some 600 lbs. of turkeys, barbecued to perfection.
The cooking process required a large oven and a 6am start because only about 1/4 of the birds could be cooked at any one time.
There was also the aforementioned mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn, salad, bread, beverages, and dessert.
The 850 or so attendees were seated at a table and then waited upon by about 100 volunteers.
There was also live entertainment throughout the event.
It has been taking place for 23 years.
MB has been involved from the beginning.
This was my second year.
It is not only worthwhile, but it's fun.
chores are a drudge
*sjc

We don't get quite that many at the homeless ministry church service on the first Sunday of each month, but i do know what you mean about how it will help you remember your many blessings.
ReplyDelete