MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Thursday, December 14, 2017

On or off?

In the grand scheme of things whether or not I have a beard is unimportant.
I let the little facial hairs grow every November as a part of the Movember movement.
Officially, one is supposed to grow a mustache, but, you see, I already have one that I like and just don't feel like starting over.

Really, it's about calling attention to men's health and prostate cancer in particular.
I suppose what I'm into is more No Shave November.
It's really an excuse not to shave.
By the end of the month I kinda like it and keep it around for awhile.
GS really liked it, MB seems to like it, too, some others, not so much.
I have now reached the stage where I don't care either way.

Growing the face fur goes way back.
I may even have a picture somewhere of the first time I actually had a beard, sometime in the mid '80s, but that will have to be on another day.
I didn't grow another until about 12 years ago and I kept it out of spite until the opportunity arose to shave it for charity.


Ultimately the mustache was sacrificed, as well and I was relatively clean shaven for about four years.
That was when I started the November crop.
Below are from various years since I started the routine.
The last one is the current crop.




the things we do to create blog topics

2 comments:

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis