We went to the convention primarily to socialize and have a little fun.
Friday at this convention is all about fun.
The themes of the convention was about motion pictures.
Because the presiding District Governor is of Indian descent, the theme was Bollywood to Hollywood.
Many of the participants went all in with fancy, well thought out costumes.
MB and I hadn't even thought about it.
Friday morning, while dressing to go help set up for the food fair, it occurred to her I had three tie-dye shirts with me [I'm all for casual any time . . . make that every time].
Anyway, she borrowed the purple one.
I wore the orange.
Then JT, one of the ladies in her club, has headband things with pompoms on them that matched our colors.
The stage was set.
We wore the outfits for the rest of the day.
It was only on a whim we decided to enter the costume contest.
Then we were asked, "What music do you want?"
"HUH?"One has to think fast in such circumstances.
So without even thinking, I said, "What's that thing from Song of the South . . . you know, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah?"
. . . and we were announced.
"Aaaagggh!"
The next thing I hear is MB singing "Skipitty Dooh Dah, Skipitty hay. Wonderful feeling, wonderful day..." and we are skipping and dancing down the center of the banquet room.
Yeah, it was fun.
Yeah, I'd do it again.
Fast forward to Sunday again . . .
Who'd-a-thunk has become a regular expression in our lexicon of favorites.
Frame it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteI suppose if you were brave enough to wear that shirt... ;-)
ReplyDeleteThe shirts were actually purchased from LCI and have the official logo.
DeleteThey're 100% cotton and very comfortable.