MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Monday, August 7, 2017

Day three in Chicago

By no means the third day (Sunday, July 2) of the trip.
(I really am kinda trying to keep up here.
The numbers are just there to confuse the issue.
But there are other things that are important.)

Let's just say we stayed busy on day three . . .    walking!
To Navy Pier . . .   after we'd attended the second plenary session at McCormick Place.

On the way we saw this.


It was on the building behind this building.

Tribune Tower
I found out it is a hotel, the Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile.

It was only about two miles to Navy Pier.
. . .   and more walking once we were there.


Sure, we walked all the way to the end of the pier, stopping once for a Chicago Dog.


The end is way out there [who walks in straight lines?].


. . . and we walked back   . . .on the other side of the pier.
There wasn't a lot to see, but these flowers . . .


. . . and more Chicago Skyline.


. . . including the Hancock Tower, which is pretty tall.

We ended this little adventure by riding the free Navy Pier Shuttle back to the hotel, where we prepared ourselves for the evening's adventure.
be still my heart
yes, we're late
yes, you can enlarge most of the pictures


3 comments:

  1. Walking by the water is an adventure in itself, to me. It's never the same from one moment to the next, a never ending interplay of light and wind and waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all the years I've been going to Chicago, I've never been to Navy Pier (probably the long walk dissuaded me). In fact, I don't think I've ever even been to the lakeshore. . .

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis