MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

More good intentions . . .

. . . and more walking.
Yeah, that really is the beginning of Route 66.
The building in the background is the Willis Tower [formerly the Sears Tower].
I would mention an irony about the picture and the nickname we gave the building, but it isn't  relevant to our story.


Directly across the street was the Art Institute.


We took more pictures there, but I'll save them for another time [maybe].

The Buckingham Fountain was more interesting.


We saw it on our way to the Field Museum.
maybe more tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. From the Art Institute to the Field Museum is a bit of a hike, isn't it?

    I've noticed (or imagined) a recurring 'big shoulders' theme in various items in Chicago; the Picasso at City Hall (aka The Cast Iron Buzzard), and the Willis Tower being prime examples. Carl Sandberg lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just walking around in the Field Museum is a hike.
      I noticed a certain lack of imagination when it came to some of the buildings in Chicago.
      Then again, there are a lot of unimaginative designs in this world.

      Delete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis