MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Catching up

Seriously . . .
I doubt I will ever catch up.
I have taken to this concept of living in the moment so well that there are many things that have been left on the table never not likely to ever be picked up again.

When I last posted it was about activities that occurred in the first part of July.
So much has happened since that I can't even begin to think about where to start a post about them.
No, nothing major, just life.

Anyway, here's the latest.

About a year ago a good friend who lives in Cottonwood, Arizona [at least I think he still lives there] told me he and his wife were going to Idaho Falls to camp out and watch the eclipse this weekend.
I didn't think much about it at first.
Then my life got really interesting and I asked the party who'd become MNBF* if she was interested in viewing the eclipse.
Receiving a positive response, I started investigating.
Much to my chagrin I was finding there were few places available in the locale of the best viewing areas.
Those that were available, including camping spots, were way out of the budget range [which I had set relatively high because it is a special event].
Then we both started looking and we determined we could stay nearby and travel at the last minute, if necessary.

Initially, that didn't show a lot of promise, either.
Then it was suggested we look into AirBnB.
That proved to be fruitful.
It still required some searching, but we determined we could get close and travel the last few miles on the morning of the great event, traffic permitting.
. . . and we did!

Last Friday morning we loaded the car.
Literally, we packed it full of stuff.
Then we drove north, into the smoke, through it, and out again, to Eugene and the beginning of the Willamette River Valley.
will finish this tomorrow
*now MB

2 comments:

  1. Having so much happen that you cannot catch up is what i call job security, although in this case i guess it's blog security.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny; on our Total journey, we kept expecting to see traffic, and we never really saw any. We stayed with friends about 90min from our destination, and drove there the next morning with very little traffic. We heard stories of price gouging in the next town, but where we were, folks were nothing but friendly. . .

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis