AKA - Monday
No. . . don't get me wrong.Monday's aren't useless.
Whatever you call them, they're still the first day of the week . . .unless you start your week on Sunday [like most calendars].
What I mean here is the annual Let's Fuss With the Clocks circus.
Who needs it?
Hawaiians and Arizonans (except for the Navajo) manage just fine without it.
I would like to know just how much time is wasted annually in conversation about Daylight Saving Time.
BTW- here's something I saw yesterday.
(It was wrong, incidentally.
I already knew about half that stuff)
So if you've read this far, go over here and read something really intelligent with which I am in complete agreement.
(I have some other thoughts, too, that popped into my head after reading and commenting.)
Finally, also regarding yesterday, there was the word of the day.
Really?
Does anyone. . . besides poets [and Sylvester Cat]. . . say thither?
the Navajo have a good reason
Thum timeth I uth it refering to my baby thither.
ReplyDeleteUh-huh!
DeleteJust because I know you'd find it interesting (or, you know, maybe not). . .
ReplyDeleteIndiana has a rather long and convoluted history with regard to DST; the counties near Chicago prefer to be 'in synch' with the Big City, and also a few counties around Evansville, which have ties to western Kentucky and southern Illinois. So for many years (until 2006), Indiana forewent (??) DST, so that it was 'in synch' with Michigan/Ohio for half the year, and Illinois for the other half. Once the Feds mandated DST on the whole country in '06, Indiana just redrew the Central/Eastern time zone lines.
I thought a thither was that musical instrument you sit on your lap and strum, kinda like an autoharp. . .
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've encountered it, in either or both of the King James Bible, or Shakespeare. . . 'cuz that's about the last time it was a common-usage English word. . .
There was this restaurant/bar in Palo Alto that had a thither player during dinner . . .except Fridays and Saturdays they had an oom-pa-pa band.
DeleteI hate the time change. Hate it. Messes me up something awful.
ReplyDeleteI also can't read your small writing anymore. Eyes just won't do it anymore.
Have a fabulous day. :)
1) [like most calendars]
Delete2) [and Sylvester Cat]
3) the Navajo have a ---- reason
Since you're in complete agreement with me (and I thank you!) I will tell you I'm in complete agreement with you on daylight savings time. Hideous thing, outlived whatever usefulness it had years ago.
ReplyDelete