We almost made this drag on for a month.
(Oh, we did.
That's right the vacation started on the 3rd.)
So, there we were*, wondering what to do on the last day in Maui.
When one is in South Maui that isn't difficult to determine.
It's where all of the best beaches are.
We had yet to do an actual beach day on purpose.
The best beach is only a few miles from our
Everyone calls it Big Beach.
It's big.
It did rain . . .but not much.
I took some still shots, too [and some more videos, but I won't bore you with them].
There was an interesting looking forest behind where we sat.
Then I noticed an interesting vine with a pink flower.
![]() |
| click on this image to embiggen |
![]() |
| But you'll have to embiggen this to see them |
It was raining like a [metaphor].
You have to have been to Joe's to understand just what that entails.
Let's just say I got a little wet.
Dinner was worth it.
Yes, that's meatloaf and I would go back.
I even ate the mashed potatoes.
Since this is the last Maui post I have to include two pics from the day we departed.
| The last breakfast from the buffet |
![]() |
| A bunch of planes loading up to leave Maui |
yep, it was raining
*What’s the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story? A fairy tale starts with “Once upon a time” and a sea story starts with “So there I was”.
(that previous line paraphrases another blogger's tagline)
AKA - SJC(mod 1)





Visited Maui for the second time a few years ago. Much to do and our weather was really good when we were there. I too enjoyed the food. It's morning here and I'd love to have that breakfast.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day. :)
The second time I visited was on the Thanksgiving Cruise.
DeleteWe only left the ship long enough to visit Costco so I could buy a couple of aloha shirts and a book to read.
Most people would say, "It looks like you had a fine time". Not me. Not after these photos and these posts. I absolutely KNOW you had a great time. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteIt was everything it was supposed to be, Sully.
DeleteThe beauty of great vacations is that fun continues when you return home and share all the interesting stories of your adventures. You have managed to extend this vacation.
ReplyDeleteI heard somewhere that interesting is a euphemism. ;-)
Delete