MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Thursday, March 8, 2012

All it needs is a title ...and some bacon ...or a duck


Doesn't this kind of puts things into perspective?


This won't cheer anyone up


This isn't helping either


At least the wind's abated


And now there's a full moon...
...and a solar flare


Does anyone think the Colts and Peyton Manning might be a smoke screen for the rest of the NFL and the bounty issue?


I saw another new word:
vacatated
it was on Facebook


Here's something else from F/B that caught my eye



It's worth sharing


It seems nothing has changed much. This could just have easily have been today's post


I was just thinking [it happens!] it's probably a good thing I look at traveling in this area in terms of time instead of miles. If you were to ask me how far it is to Gridley, I'd tell you it takes me about an hour and a half to get there. I checked the mileage from my trip last evening. it was 180 miles roundtrip
they bought my dinner

7 comments:

  1. It's supposed to hit 62 degrees here in Portland today. If I go out I won't even need a coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a fake out, Stephen, from six o'clock this AM

      I'm not gonna need a coat, either

      Delete
  2. So... ummm... why DIDN'T that TSA piece surprise me? I will never fly again. I won't go... anywhere... if I can't get there by driving.

    Our WX is remarkably similar to yours today, and we have the "possibility of snow," whatevah that means to the NWS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing the TSA does surprises me. They seem to miss the whole point of what they're supposed to be doing... or maybe they do miss the whole point?
      The scary thing is what would we do with those thousands of employees if the Gov't eliminated the agency?
      It's fairly obvious they're unemployable anywhere else ...unless some NFL, NBA, or NHL team wants to hire a couple as hatchet men

      Delete
    2. We may warm up some more but NWS, or somebody, says we do for a change-up this weekend to the wet stuff
      Lord knows we need it

      Delete
  3. TSA. Don't get me started. Security Theater, all mostly show, with little go. Flew back and forth to New Orleans for our anniversary. Had to shed shoes, belt, jacket, all pockets, hat, etc., each time. Posed like a prisoner for the full body nude scan x-ray. AND thought of a few hundred ways to outwit the thing, IF I was the terrorist sort. Ridiculous waste of money, as it is now done, and a hideous usurping of our freedoms and rights, in any case.

    Well, I guess I did get started. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis