During the commercial breaks on Antiques Roadshow last night ...oh, that right they don't have commercial breaks ...I flipped over to CSNCA or CSNBA (can't remember which and it's not important anyway... just as unimportant as commercial breaks on PBS) to watch the S.J. Sharks
I'm getting seriously vexed with the weather. It used to be there was some kind of rule or something that in between rainstorms there was some kind of break in the clouds (really, I'm sure there was). Yesterday was supposed to be one of those in between days, but the sky looked like it was gonna cut loose any time. Today it's just plain wet and windy and supposed to get windier... and, oh joy, there's more in the forecast for the rest of the week. I'm going to go look and see if maybe the January and March pages on the calendar didn't get switched.
I am so ready for baseball season to start
Last week's construction project went quick, sort of. The light fixtures still have to be installed.
Did I mention there's a minor glitch on the installation. It seems the crew worked so fast wrapping the house that they forgot to open up for two of the fixtures. Now the wiring is buried. Fortunately we know where
details!

I can't remember a project that didn't have a glitch, major or minor!
ReplyDeleteWednesday night I will again find myself cheering for Canada as well as the Sharks.
ReplyDeleteI'm rooting for whoever plays against Nashville and Chicago. Vested interest, yanno?
Your WX may be vexing but ours has been brilliant these last few days. The Spring storms have yet to materialize and it's just been one beautiful day after another. That'll change...
I'm glad the construction went relatively well.
"I'm glad the construction went relatively well."
DeleteThanks Buck. I like relatively well, too.
What are the odds the Wings and Sharks will meet again in the playoffs?
It seems your spring storms are up here.
The odds? I'd say slim, given the way the Sharks are playing these days. They'll be fortunate to make the playoffs at all.
Delete"I am so ready for baseball season to start"
ReplyDeleteMe, too... but I did enjoy the Sharks game last night
"I am so ready for baseball season to start"
ReplyDeleteEspecially now that my Spartans flamed out of the NCAAs.
I really do wanna see just how good the Tigers' pitching might be this year. And batting Cabrera/Fielder 3/4 is just incredible to contemplate. . .
Heh. I know what you mean. Even though I know another blog buddy of mine likes the Penguins, I still have a hard time rooting for them, even if it helps the B's.
ReplyDeleteI've been rooting for a Wings - Bruins final (I've known Buck a little longer than you, plus Craig likes 'em, too) but I'll take Bruins - Sharks :-)
We should probably wait to have any discussion about the Sharks in the playoffs.
DeleteWhile I'm thinking about it; why does it seem strange that a team (Wings) from the Eastern Time Zone is in the Western Conference?
Well, I s'pose we could swap with Winnipeg; they're the only Eastern Conference team not in the Eastern Time Zone. But that would mean Chicago is the only Original-Six team in the West. If that means anything to ya. . .
DeleteBut Detroit being in the West doesn't seem half as strange to me as having any hockey teams at all in places like Phoenix, Tampa, Miami, Atlanta, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Nashville and Charlotte. God bless yer Sharks, but even northern Cali seems a little, uh, borderline. As does Dallas. . . I just don't think hockey and southern accents are a good marketing fit. . . Or am I gonna get in trouble w/ Buck for that?
;)
You're right about the Sharks being borderline. S.J. isn't even in Northern California. It's 200 miles south of here.
DeleteI had similar thoughts about the original six.
Or am I gonna get in trouble w/ Buck for that?
DeleteNot at ALL. I've thought that way for years, especially after the expansion surge of the '90s. I believe the NHL has diluted "the brand" by adding teams where there's no market... just look at the struggles going on in Phoenix. Hell, even Dallas ain't doin' all that well financially, and there are a LOT of Michigan and other Cold Country expats down that way (and in Phoenix, too).