MISSION STATEMENT:

What was here yesterday probably has no bearing on what is here today.

What you see today will have no bearing on what you see here tomorrow
...maybe

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Busy


Somehow my volunteer stuff is getting in the way of the things I'd rather do right now ...like blogging.

One of the duties I assumed as a Lion this year was to be the District Nominations, Credentials & Elections Chair. That means I oversee the committee that runs the elections at the district convention next month. There is only one minor hitch. There is supposed to be one person from each of the four regions in the district. So far there is one person appointed from one region. That pretty much leaves it to me to receive all of the mail and handle the preparations.

Also, I do the bookkeeping for the thrift shop operated by the Senior Center. This week there was an error in the bank deposit... well I hope it's an error in the deposit... so I got to go over to the store to consult with the volunteer manager and try to straighten it out. Any other Thursday he'd have been at the shop when I dropped in (I was out, anyway, picking up elections materials for Lions), but today he had to run some errands before going in to the shop. I had to go back later.

Oh yeah! And I had to get gasoline.

So that's my story for today and I'm sticking to it.

It's kinda noisy around here because of construction (I will have some pictures. Well, I have some that I will post)

the guys working
on the house never
seem to stop ...ever

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're meeting yourself coming and going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wonder if we're mad to take on all those jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quote was on your blog yesterday:
      "Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."
      ~ Philip K. Dick

      It probably wouldn't hurt to be reminded that it's okay to say, "no" every now and again. I'm not even going to go into the details of why I volunteered

      ...for either of those positions

      Delete
  3. Construction noise is maddening, in and of itself. I hope all y'all get through it with your sanity intact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep reminding myself it's about the end result. Besides it's only hammering

      Delete

Spammers and trolls will be shot! Then used to make haggis