
A fellow blogger (who shall hereinafter remain nameless) has invited a number of his followers to join him whilst he inspects the various pubs, saloons, taverns and bars operated by his ancestors down through the years
My only other question (beside the one in the title) is this a stag affair or should we book travel for a partner?
I was writing a post in response to another blogger's post about online dating. He even offered to remind me to post it. To make a long story not so long...
...first, my story's so old it involves pay telephones and places that don't even exist any more. In fact there are freeways that have been built and torn down since then
...second, I can't really flesh it out in a truly entertaining manner
... third, I was only involved peripherally, so it wouldn't be totally fair to others
...finally; short version -
Pay phone in barracks rings. Young sailor picks up and is invited to party with unknown young female in SF. Young sailor accepts and agrees to meet at cafe on Market Street. Young sailor walks by cafe, looking into window and decides not to follow up.
side note - said phone call was not an isolated incident, was regular occurrence on Fridays every week
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
~ Elvis Costello
Winter appears to be trying to catch up before the official start of spring
poor planning on winter's part

Or maybe singing about architecture, eh? (Altho I've known a few guys who just might. . .)
ReplyDelete"I wonder if he'll let us all stay at his house?"
ReplyDeleteI wonder. Could get a bit cramped. And by all means bring the lovely Grandma Skip.
My only other question (beside the one in the title) is this a stag affair or should we book travel for a partner?
ReplyDeleteOne MIGHT be able to find suitable (or UNsuitable, as the case might be) company in the pub. I've heard rumo(u)rs, yanno?
In re: the recurring phone call to the barracks. One assumes the company was unsuitable, or mebbe even professional?
I'm thinking this may take some real organization (that's organisation in old school). I figure sometime in summer 2013 and GS wouldn't miss it for the World
ReplyDeleteI'm fairly certain, Buck, that this will be a B.Y.O.
Summer next year? Is that a promise? Or a threat, perhaps.
DeleteA possibility
Delete