There are thee volunteers doing the onsite cooking: the lady who fries the eggs that aren't scrambled, the man who does the pancakes and the sausages, the guy who does the scrambled eggs, the french toast and makes sure the biscuits are done, and then there's the lady who sets up the plates for service by the wait staff
Where's the burnt toast?
ReplyDeleteI didn't burn any
DeleteThat plate looks quite a bit like stuff I used to get in the chow hall. QUITE a bit.
ReplyDeleteWho's the chef, again?
You had plates?
DeleteWe were served on stainless steel trays with five compartments. Somehow the gravy ended up on top of the peaches.
The lighting for this picture's really bad.
One of the volunteers makes the gravy from scratch every month. The biscuits are another story
There are thee volunteers doing the onsite cooking: the lady who fries the eggs that aren't scrambled, the man who does the pancakes and the sausages, the guy who does the scrambled eggs, the french toast and makes sure the biscuits are done, and then there's the lady who sets up the plates for service by the wait staff
DeleteYou had plates?
DeleteOf course we had plates. I was in the Air Force, Skip. ;-)
I have to say it. That looks most unappetising. What are the biscuits made of? And what is the gravy? Give me bacon and eggs any day!
ReplyDeleteBrian, I'm not sure what's in the biscuits. They arrive frozen, in a big box and we (I) bake them for about 30 minutes to heat them through.
DeleteI'm with you on the eggs and bacon, though sausage will do in a pinch. I don't really care much for any kind of gravy